Monday, April 7, 2014

192-206

STEPHENSEN, MARK L
STEVENSON, J BRENT
STOCKS, BRUCE D
STRANGE, FLOYD W
STRONG, KEITH LEROY
SWENSON, BERT EARL
VANVLIET, GERRIT H
WADSWORTH, JOHN L
WALKER, H FRANK
WHITING, R NORMAN
WOOD, DON CAHRLES
WOOD, RUSSELL CARL
YARDLEY, RODNEY B
CORDON, RALPH BRENT

GULF WAR

GRIMM, WILLIAM E

         I went on a long run today and was able to honor 15 more names. This brings the total to 206, which is incredible. I've been working on this for a few months, and it's a great feeling to know that I'm about to reach my goal. I only have 4 more names, and these might be the most emotional, because they're so recent. The next men to come are those who still have wives, children, and families here. They're still trying to come to terms with their loss, and trying to find out how to mourn their loved ones. These wounds are still fresh. As I finish these names I'm not sure what to do. I'm almost scared to run these last few miles. I've been consistently thinking about all of these heroes and paying tribute to them for months, and now I don't know what I'm going to do. I hope I'm not the same person after this. I hope I can hold onto these ideals and examples and reflect them in my life. But there will be time for that later- I've got some more miles to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment