Saturday, November 23, 2013

11-20

BURNSIDE, DON N
CALLAHAN, KENNETH E
CAMPBELL, CHARLES R
CASE, KEITH C
CHATWIN, JAMES E
CHRISTENSEN, DONALD N
CHRISTENSEN, DON ALMA
CHRISTENSEN, ALLEN P
COLLARD, ELLIS M
COX, DAVID LARRAIN Jr.

I went running today after a long week in Arizona. I got the incredible opportunity to fly in the backseat on two training missions with the 62nd F-16 Squadron at Luke AFB. It was the coolest thing I've ever done, hands-down and I got to see how talented and professional our Air Force pilots really are. Coming back to Utah and running after a week of driving, flying, and pulling up to 6 G's was pretty rough. I planned to go 10 miles, but on mile 2 I was dying. My heart and lungs didn't want to cooperate and I almost gave up due to a stabbing pain in my chest. I didn't though. I've made a commitment to go a little above and beyond on every run for these guys, and I pushed on. By mile 4 my body finally realized that I wasn't going to wimp out and it got with the program. I finished the 10 miles and dedicated it to the men listed above.

Being able to fly and spend time with men who put their lives on the line every time they go up was a big eye-opener. They sacrifice so much more than we realize, and are our first line of defense. We can sleep in peace knowing that somebody is always awake and out there, keeping us safe.




No comments:

Post a Comment